There is a certain amount of flexibility in the life of the people of Vanuatu. There have heaps of public holidays and some can be announced at a moment’s notice by the PM following the death of a prominent public official. In other words, expect the unexpected in Vanuatu. There are many major events and here is a selection.
- Land diving (the first bungee jumping) takes place every Saturday between April and June on Pentecost Island
- In June there are ocean swims and swim/run events on Efate and Santo
- July is a busy month for celebrations. The French influence survives on Efate on July 14 with Bastille Day and July 3o is Independence Day for Vanuatu everywhere. Efate has a number of events including a ball, horse racing, a beauty quest and a round-the-island relay race.
- Efate in August is again a hive of activity with golf tournaments, sand drawing, fun runs and kite surfing.
- In September on Efate there are fishing competitions and a triathlon and on Ambrym there is a Mini Arts Festival.
- In October Efate hosts two music festivals and on Santo there is the World’s Greatest Shore Dive Festival.
- Would you believe Melbourne Cup Day is celebrated on Efate on that famous Tuesday in November?
- Being predominantly Christian, Christmas with carol services is prominent on Vanuatu.
For any questions about Vanuatu’s Major Events or to make a booking at the best possible rate, contact us on the form below, we are open 24 hours 7 days