Fitness Rating: Easy
Typical tour programme:
- Meet your tour guide and boat across to Vao Island from the Mainland (10 minutes)
- Walk 20 minutes across the island through villages and gardens
- Welcome by your tour guide to the Nasara
- Sand-drawing demonstrations
- Weaving of ropes for outriggers and mat weaving by the Women
- House wall construction using coral lime
- Wild animal trapping techniques
- Bow and arrow making and shooting
- Living by the moon calendar
- Traditional communication methods
- Marriage proposal, acceptance and bride price
- Use of namele leaf in kastom tradition
- Beats of the Tam Tam
- Processing coconut
- A chance to purchase carvings
- Tropical refreshments
- Walk and boat back to the mainland.
Half-day tour operates by request. Total tour time is approximately 3 ½ hours including travel. Bookings in advance are essential. Does not operate on a Sunday.
Price: 5,000 VT per person.
Tour fee including refreshments.
Boat is additional and must be paid directly. Transfers can be arranged – we are happy to quote on enquiry.